The major US stock indices are closing the day near the highs, as the clock ticks closer to the CPI data on Thursday.
The final numbers are showing:
- Dow is closing up 186.45 points or 0.56% at 33704.11
- S&P is closing up 27.16 points or 0.70% at 3919.26
- Nasdaq is closing up 106.99 points or 1.01% at 10742.64
- Russell 2000 is closing up 26.74 points or 1.49% at 1822.65
The highs for the day peaked at:
- Dow +2808.88
- S&P +27.73
- Nasdaq +108.02
Looking at the 11 sectors of the S&P today, 10 rose while 1 declined.
The biggest sector gainers were:
- Communication Services, +1.30%
- Consumer discretionary 1.26%
- Materials 1.03%
- Healthcare +0.83%
The only declining sector was Consumer Staples at -0.16%
This article was written by Greg Michalowski at www.forexlive.com.